Proofreaders wanted. Join Us!

Dear proofreaders,

First of all, thank you for your enthusiastic contributions to our site and our readers.

After eight months of our collaborative efforts, we now have more than 1,000 novels being translated and 100K+ monthly active readers. That’s quite an achievement! However, that’s just the first step we made. Now, it’s time to move on.

We are going to launch a one-month experiment (from May 20 to June 19, tentatively), which has two goals:

1. Find a better way for human proofreaders to team up with machine translation, a so-called Centaur Team;

2. Explore possibilities of rewarding the centaurs, including both proofreaders and machines.

Here’s how the experiment will go:

1. We’ll choose five novels out of thousand and will recruit five proofreaders to take part in the experiment; bilingual proofreaders are preferred;

2. Each proofreader will be working on one of the five novels and will proofread no more than two chapters a day; he/she will gain 50 bricks for every chapter he/she proofread;

3. A thumb-up button will appear on the bottom of each proofread chapter; readers can vote for their favorite proofreaders by pressing the button;

4. Every week two proofreaders who have the most thumb-ups within the week will be rewarded $50. We’ll show the results on our website.

The following are the titles and descriptions of the five novels. If you want to join, please let us know in comments.

1. Co-renting Immortal Doctor

WechatIMG202

Chinese title: 合租医仙

Author: A box of white paper (白纸一箱)

Description:

Others treated disease to save person, he treated disease to steal heart. The Frost Goddess was deeply captivated by him. The gentle and kind beautiful teacher was completely enchanted by him. Even the cold and beautiful female assassin melted quietly because of him.

Competing in medical skills? He was the one who treated the Godly Doctor. Competing with backgrounds? Leaders rushed to him. What? You actually wanted to compete with him in a match for match? Looking at the gentle girl beside him, Tang Yu had a headache as he said, “Beautiful girl, how did you fall in love with me?”

2. Top Strong Cultivator as a Teacher

WechatIMG201

Chinese title: 巅峰强少

Author: Meng Qi (梦岂)

Description:

A legendary powerhouse of his generation, tired of the bustle of the peak, returned to the ordinary city and started a new life as an ordinary teacher. He wrote the legend in the city.

Magnificent mountains and rivers, the rising powerful ones. Some ancient martial art masters stood at the peak, becoming legendary. Some financial crocodiles rose up in the minuscule places, laughing arrogantly.

However, watching the school beauties was better than fighting and killing; educating was better than fighting for fame.

3. Spiritual and Martial Conqueror

WechatIMG205

Chinese title: 异世灵武天下

Author: Yu Feng (禹枫)

Description:

After he transmigrated, he became the good-for-nothing young master and met the mysterious old man, Uncle Nan.

To protect his family and his beauties, Lu Shaowu stepped onto the path of the strong.

The path of the strong was filled with thorns, but it was unable to obstruct the heart of a strong practitioner.

It was said that at the peak of Martial Dao and at the peak of the Spiritual Dao, one would be able to shatter the void. He cultivated both spiritual art and martial art and became unparalleled in the world.

4. My Cold And Beautiful CEO

WechatIMG204

Chinese title: 我的冰山美女总裁

Author: Mo Wang Chu Xin (莫忘初心)

Description:

Because of his master’s wine, he had somehow become the husband of a cold CEO — I’m still a virgin, please be gentle.

He was from an ancient sect and had both Buddhism and Dao cultivation methods. The youth Qin Wu stepped out of the great mountain once again, stirring up the winds and clouds in the city.

5. The Cold Prince Dotes On His Wild Wife

WechatIMG203

Chinese title: 冷傲皇叔,爆宠小狂妃

Author: Er Ye (贰爷)

Description:

She was the most arrogant assassin in the world in the twenty-first century, yet in the end, she was unintentionally killed by her senior brother, resulting in her traveling to Bingzhou continent.

The first step after she opened her eyes was to crawl out of the fecal drain and throw the woman who schemed her into the fecal drain.

However, at this critical moment, she met a cold and arrogant beautiful man. Looking at his disdainful expression …

She would always remember the words of this proud and aloof man.

“Once my beloved wife has my child, I will seize Ming You Nation’s land for you and our son!”

8 Likes
pinned globally #2

I am quite interested. Though I ain’t bilingual and don’t understand Chinese, my English is pretty decent. Let me know please. Thank you.

2 Likes

the same goes here :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Me three.
I do not know Chinese but am confident about proof reading.

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest and application. English only is also ok. Please pick one novel from the five, and let us know. We’ll settle the list of the five proofreaders within this week( before May 19). :grinning: @monirussalam @springlady @ranforme531

5 Likes

I’m interested with this one

2 Likes

@bluebear Interested on this one. If not available, then 4th book is fine as well. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well i will choose {cold and beautiful ceo.}
Thank you.

2 Likes

I am interested in this one. Though only English.

2 Likes

Got it. Anyway, only English is ok. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you. Since the two novels My Cold And Beautiful CEO and The Cold Prince Dotes On His Wild Wife are so hot, probably there should be a test to win them, if you’d agree. :smile::grinning: @springlady @monirussalam @adnanziddi4444

3 Likes

well this is scary. what kind of test?

2 Likes

@bluebear I don’t mind the testing. I like both of those novels’ synopsis, they seem interesting. Either is fine with me. Or, you may assign me to a different book as well after the test. As for test though, I prefer the 5th book. Let me know, if there’s a test, when it might be. Thanks! :innocent:

2 Likes

Well i agree with test.
Let me know what kind test and when will it held so i can i be online.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. :grinning: About the test, I’ll explain it later.

3 Likes

OK. Copy that. :grinning:

3 Likes

About the test, there will be several paragraphs from the novel in English, if you prefer English only. A link will be messaged to you in which you would be able to proofread these paragraphs. When you finish it, message back. Then it’s done. We will let you know the time as soon as possible.

6 Likes

I’d like to join novels 1, 2, 3, or 5. Though I hate 4.

Thanks

2 Likes

Well I’m also interested. Let me know. Thank you.

2 Likes