Yun che's current personality is part of the narrative

I have seen many comments that criticize the current personality and the actions of Yun che, and the truth I agree with them, since he separated from the jasmine soul and especially in the current era, he has lost that ego and arrogance that we liked so much, besides Now he is little fool too. but, in personal I think that the current personality of Yun che, is part of the story arc, in which he lacks vanity and smugness because of everything that happened, and I believe that this will continue and surely will be much worse until he loses all that he has and he ā€œbreaksā€ and he gets to feel pathetic and useless. And at that moment I think he will return with a deformed, evil and tyrannical personality (which I will enjoy a lot) and then somehow we will recover Yun from the beginning, the one we all idolized that had that vanity, pride, ego and arrogance. Thatā€™s why I think the criticisms are correct, but they are not relevant, because it is part of the narrative and of the story itself. do not worry, we will surely recover the old Yun god che jjajajajajajaaj.

1 Like

For that same reason, I think that he has not yet raised his level, although I think he will soon do it.

To be honest, Mars has just ruined one of my favorite MCs. I really donā€™t care about his character development, I personally loved it at the start and it was needed. But now? He is just stupid, ignorant, weak and trying to play a saviour for morons that tried to kill Jasmine. Like meh. Mars is trying to set up how he loses everything and goes Devil, but who really gives a fuck if we have to wait hundreds of chapters with a MC that is completely useless and stupid to not realise simple things like Dragon boi wants to fucking kill you. Btw, BB tried to kill him, put a curse on him, letā€™s heal her father :^) because Iā€™m a nice guy! Would old Yun Che heal his enemies? Fuck no. Would Yun Che heal someone trying to kill Jasmine? HELL NO. Mars ā€˜ā€˜Yes, yes he would. This is a great character development!ā€™ā€™ I might just be bitching about pointless things, but to be honest I would rather read a below average novel with a shitty MC than an epic MC turning into someone that is completely stupid and weak again and again.

I donā€™t feel comfortable with his current personality as well, but you guys seem to forget one specific aspect, other than the fact that this happened after Jasmine left himā€¦

One of the reasons he was so full of himself in blue pole, is because he already lived once there and had a full gasp of what he had to doā€¦ he never went to ROG before, therefore, of course he will be overwhelmedā€¦ if we think of a person who lost all his confidence while seeing that he was only a tiny grain, it kind of matches current YCā€¦ but this do not justify why heā€™s being so dumb sometimesā€¦ or some dumb choicesā€¦

Anyway, I do think itā€™s taking too long before he changes back to his previous self (or even more badass)ā€¦ I believed that his death would be enough to shake him up, the Soul Nirvana that the Phoenix spoke aboutā€¦ so I donā€™t kind of get why he needs a second time awakeningā€¦

I think the problem lies in the fact that we cant binge read itā€¦so it feels too long for a relevant event to occurā€¦There are boatload of fillersā€¦Previously,I used to skim through the irrelevant stuff to get to the good parts but now we gotta read what we getā€¦I believe YC shouldā€™ve gotten his Power-UP immediately after his return to the god realmā€¦Mars has over-delayed it leading to all these crticismsā€¦well its the last spurt of a dry spellā€¦His Blackening is imminentā€¦everybodyā€¦be patientā€¦Volume 15 is not far wayā€¦This novel is doing much better than most novels when they enter the last phaseā€¦

It would be alright if that personality lasted only for few chapters. A 20 chapters is the max for this personality for an once arrogant character but its 50-60 chapters of ass kissing yun che and to further fuck up the readers the plot progression is so slow that 30 of the 50 chapters can easily forgotten. TBH I dont even remember anything that happened after he came to God realm except his asskissing personalitu because thats what fucking standout. He became so stupid(he was stupid to begin with but he notched up few gears after dying for the third time) it just hurts to read. Even at the beginning of the novel he was just a acceptable MC but right now he is like a annoying side character.

1 Like

As I said, I think it will even be worse later, until he ā€œbreaksā€. I think thatā€™s what mars plans, guys me do not like it to, but I hope that, later mars compensate this downturn, with epic scenes that worth this long time with an MC in this tragic condition. letā€™s hope in the future to see a Yun che at least at the height of what he was at the beginning in blue pole star.

It will reach the objective of what youā€™ve said if current YC personality is just for a few chapters. Alas, it has been going for too long already. To the point of ATG is losing its former touch now. And the increasing of the chapters with just too many fillers while some of it can be delivered with just a few sentences. Idk man, for me it just look like Mars has lost his focus and interest for ATG. Though I hope that really is not the case and he will fixed this with the next chapters. Like I said, it has been like this for too many chapters and for a long period already.

Yun Che really became one of the worst MCS, he became everything I despise in an MC. I do not know how the readers of China are dealing with this, because our opinion does not matter, after all are the Chinese who give profit to the author. I left the novel for not being able to support another MC as pathetic as the current Yun Che, frankly, I can not stand it anymore.

But he didnā€™t become like this until after he parted with Jasmine the 2nd time. He conveniently became like this around Qingyue wedding and thatā€™s when she started to become more important.

IMO Mara had almost no idea what he was going to do for the 3rd big act of the series, and the last like 150 chapters have been him stalling.