Spoilers - Reasons why I just can’t get into this

This novel starts with our MC being drugged with an aphrodisiac from a high cultivated level snake he battled. He is then raped by then ML who hypnotizes the MC into taking responsibility for raping the ML…obviously the opposite occurred. The ML wants to use the MC then abandon him after the ML’s cultivation is high enough to rip space & time to return to Earth to enact revenge. The MC turns out to be a slightly naive, kind meaning, honest, sensible man who attacks bullies, liars, thieves, etc. so is known for violence.
I can’t get into a novel based on the premise that the MC is raped, hypnotized, reduced to a forced subservient and sexual relationship where he no doubt comes to love he man who raped him, convinced him he was a brutal rapist, then took advantage of him continuously with the only thought to abandon him once his usefulness is over. What a rotten bastard! How could you ever forgive and fall in love with someone like that? No apology or actions can justify, reverse, or assuage this! I refuse to be a sucker who can ignore this in the name of romance. Others may enjoy it, but like harems, for this one, I’m out.

1 Like