Review of 'Returning after 10000 Years Cultivation' after reading up to 1000 chapters

Okay after reading this up-to 1000 chapters I think it’s time I give my review on this story so readers that are curious can decide whether or not they wish to try this out or not.
First, my rating for this is 6/10 now let’s explain the good at least to me.

I like most CN m.c because they are usually badass so I have ntn much against this M.c he’s also one of the few loyal M.C to his women so originally I made a post using the info of wiki that may have confused people to believe this is a harem novel. well after reading this up to this point I can say it’s not really yes he has 2 women now but if you keep reading you will understand why. I also enjoy the main heroine of this story though I wish the author would use her more but I like her transaction to the other side of the world even though it may have felt to smooth. What also enjoys even though it’s annoying to see repeatedly is the constant stepping on people that feels they are the top dog in there small world.

Now many of the points I point out maybe points you dislike but it’s just my personal opinion. Honestly, I kinda spoil this by giving it a 6 instead of a 4 because this has more bad than good :confused: but I guess I’m too soft.

Anyway, here’s what I dislike the story rely way too heavily on the rinse and repeat structure that many CN novels tend to do. Though there are some novels that are really good and use this structure they add at least 4 cards that they rinse and repeat on but they shuffle between them while also not dragging the story out to long making it still feel fresh. But this novel doesn’t even try it’s, all the same, every single time with just different characters stepping on at times there are many times it’s the same character (I will give the structure of how 80% of the story is). The other issue I have is with the author constantly allowing woman to escape judgment in many of the arcs 70% of the time the problems are instigated by either a past women the m.c knew who is looking down on him and wants to cause trouble for him and even kill him or it could be some strange woman who tries to get close to the m.c and since he says’s he’s married or something else they hold a petty grudge and try to get back at him. But the author never allows the m.c to kill them many times he kills male characters for just attempting to kill him once but the female characters can do it 10s of time and still walk away with it heck they may even get recruited by him. Later in the story, I don’t know what happen but he starts to kill them though there are still many he let slip through the net and as a reader it will truly get frustrating to see him keep on letting them go. Another issue I dislike and honestly it’s a personal preference is the constant play pig eat tiger for too long are it’s hard to classify it like that since he never truly hides his abilities are capabilities unless he has something plan but he just sees everyone except his loved ones as an ant so disdain to bother to step on them untell they get too annoying. I hate this fact because it causes too many wasted dialogs in this story you would have these small third rate villains that can’t be dealt with in 3 lines but the main character and them will be going back and forth with a bunch of worthless crap that I come to the point I just skip to when he ether slap shot them dead or someone else comes and do it. It’s so dam frustrating to constantly read the same old repeated dialog between him and some idiot that doesn’t know his capabilities are some other idiot that knows some but still believes his backing is strong enough to crush him.

Sigh I may never stop ranting if I continue anyways let me post the mini structure that 80% of the story arc follows and rinse and repeat

The first step in story arc: The Main character is in a place where ether not many people know him are his capabilities are some do but only the top of the top know while the people that believe they are at the top don’t.

Second step: M.C runs into a past mate and 8/10 times this past mate is either a women who the m.c ether go out with before or pursue but fail and this women is happy to know that she was right in not being with him she also tries to humiliate him etc. Theirs also a chance the women may be a good past mate so this won’t be the case but they might have another friend ether girl are boy who will take up this role. I’m sure you know the 2/10 time it will be a male. Now while suffering all of this humiliation the M.C won’t do ntn he will treat it all as air and feel like it’s a waste of time to get riled up by an ant.

Third step: The M.C will begin to meet up with the top dogs in this local area if they are not already suppressed by him then this is when he will start to do so. in the early begin of the story he won’t have a reputation yet but in the mid part his reputation is loud so once they know it’s him they get scared enough to pee their pants unless they have some type of martial artist to rely on.

Fourth step: Depending on the route the m.c may be preparing for a battle with the local top dog in the area (martial arts fight) or he could be preparing to go to the local big family to crush them or something else. While it just so happen that in all cases the past mate or person that was constantly humiliating the m.c in the first step happens to be there. If we follow step 3 where he already suppresses the big families or this could be another one he hasn’t yet and use the second route I mention (we’ll call the first step guy ant now). The ant will try to humiliate the M.C once more and draw attention from all the people they’re making them laugh and join in on putting down the M.C, while the m.c will finally get tired of this ant barking at him and will slap shot him to the floor causing the ant to start screaming his backing the m.c character will disdain for his backing and say all type of words that proves they are way beneath him causing everyone to feel he’s crazy and don’t know how high the sky tell that said backing shows up only to find out it’s the m.c this back 7/10 was already beaten into submission by the m.c or heard his name so the min they see him they will immediately beat up the ant for causing the m.c wrath to be drawn on them and then kneel to the m.c feet begging for mercy causing everyone present to feel shocked, fear, and awe. the other route is the battle route where the m.c is going to battle a so call powerful practitioner and everyone believes the m.c is done for while everyone is gather to attend the battle the ant and company just so happen to come there and is upset over not being allow in a public area (the place of the battle is always block of by the military and stuff) after going back and forth they may meet someone who can let them in and then they get to witness the battle that change there whole view of the world and is scared to shit bricks from seeing how powerful the m.c is that they disdain ( at this step if it’s a man he will be killed off depending on his level of crime or let go once he repent. if it’s a woman even if her crime is high she will still be let go they will regret to the point of crying on missing the chance of being together with the m.c and even fall in love and wish to pursue him. other times they will go crazy and still try to retaliate in the future)

Fifth step: If we are on the battle route the battle will start and the m.c will basically suppress the other party shocking the world and causing them to keep on reassessing his strength.

This is mostly rinsing and repeat 8/10 times. For the verdict, I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone that hate’s to read similar scenario over and over again and characters that allow villains to look down on them for long period of time before they counterattack. I also won’t recommend this to anyone that hates long redundant dialogs instead of getting straight to the point many of the dialogs are the same as previous arcs when the main character is confronting some idiot. I also won’t recommend this to people that love harem and I also won’t recommend this to people that hate it when the character keeps letting someone escape when they deserve to die. If you have no issue with any of the above then feel free to try out this book. I have issue with mostly all of the above but I’m still reading this book and enjoying it even so, so I won’t say don’t give it a shot at all but I’m just saying I wouldn’t recommend it to you.

P.S my earlier post was info I got from its wiki page on Badiu and it confuses me along with readers to believe that it is a harem. I would like to apologize for those that were misleaded. This story can and can not be truly viewed as a harem yes he has 2 women as of reading 1000 chapters but from what I see it’s almost impossible to increase at best it may go to 3 or 4 but it won’t go any higher. the m.c is really really set on his main women and the second women only came about due to special circumstances please read to understand why but it’s hard for there to ever be more.

Thanks for reading my review and I hope this will be helpful to those that are debating on whether are not they wish to try this book out or not

1 Like