Read and enjoy, just a word of caution

Caution: Scary extreme rapist decides he will force victim of rape to be with him and brainwashes him. Fun if you ignore the heavy undercurrent - then it’s a sexy BL novel about love at first sight and getting bent. But, it’s absolutely Terrifying for flashbacks if you have ever been the victim.

The MC nails it. After getting drunk one night, he is raped by a man, who then stalks him with a fierceness that can only only be done by the super rich. His stalker is fearless and obsessed to the point that he stalks our victim the minute he leaves their shared bed of nightmares. This is a fun novel if you can ignore the serious scary themes which are hidden in the open. When you really think about the way this man is raped, stalked, harassed, assaulted, herded, brainwashed, and the entire path of their capture…it is terrifying. Anyone who has experienced any of these may experience feelings or flashbacks . I have. I want to really like this novel, but the theme is too heavy for me. Ignore it and enjoy the romance since I can’t when I really want to. Read and enjoy, just a word of caution.

2 Likes

Thank you for your caution

Thank you very much for your review. There’s nothing loving or normal about those themes and as someone who also has negative experiences I would have felt similarly reading this. So thank you again for being so honest.