Is it bad that the main reason I dont read this novel is because of the whole rape thing?

Now i never read up to that part and have been told its not as bad as it seems but just the concept eternally separates me from it. Im not very PC or anything either, its just that apparently rape bothers me more than I thought it would.

You can skip that part. It doesn’t affect the story much.
In 4000+ chapter it cover 2 or 3 chapter

The rape thing is a thing of the past. He was hot blooded abd horny at the time. He raped YAN RUYU because she tries to deceive him take drug and sleeps with her friend so she can get rid of the marriage. He rapes MURONG WAN and YA FEI because they both were his enemies and tortures him endlessly to get revenge on them. Well he planned to torture and kill the but his world spririt tells chu feng the most precious thing for a woman is their purity so thats why he fucks them up. But later he encounters maby other beauties who wants to kill him but he does not go rape them. Instead he reconciles and becomes friends with them

Su rou and chu feng first sex plot in the novel is plotted by su rous father because he does not want chu feng to marry su mei but chu feng ends up taking both sisters as his beloved fiancees. And promises marriage once he gains enough power to protect all he loves.

Is there a rape in recent 20 chapters ?

No there no in first 20 chapters

no more rapes, author screwed up earlier. He doesn’t write like that anymore. there hasn’t been any sex, rape or even romance for couple thousand chapters. Infact MC goes out of his way to avoid any other woman. No more harem, most characters are sensible and less ticky aswell.

There hasn’t been any rape scenes in the past 2000+ chapters. Though his world spirit has suggested for him to do it and he has teased females about it but he always says he is not the same and regrets it. Except of course with Su Ru.