Hating Xia Qingyue

People hate XQ for the same reason they’ve always hated her, she was his first wife, but she never let him hit it. That is to be expected, though. The moment Nine Profound Exquisite Body was described, I immediately knew YC isn’t getting that for a loooooong time. He would be too strong, too quickly. And when it mentioned that NPEB is used to become a True God, I knew he definitely wasn’t getting that until almost the end of the story.

People also don’t understand her, just like YC doesn’t understand her. They rely too much on YC’s thoughts and analyses despite the fact that he’s not infallible especially when it comes to his love interests, in particular XQ. If you read between the lines, pay special attention to the text about her and her actions when she is not interacting with YC, it becomes increasingly obvious there’s a scheme going on in the background. She obviously never gave half a shit about Darkness Energy, yet all of a sudden she needs to “wipe away the shame of being his wife” by killing him personally? She had to destroy BPS personally after preventing everyone from stepping a single foot on it? She went off somewhere with HSDE that we didn’t even get a hint of after HSDE read her soul/fate and didn’t destroy her suggesting she isn’t actually an enemy for YC and therefore not a threat to Hong’er and You’er? She saw Shen Xi’s blood even though Dragon Cuck set up a giant barrier around the entire Forbidden Land to prevent people from entering? That’s not everything, but it’s enough to show that things aren’t exactly as they appear. If you consider that she only needed YC to genuinely believe she would betray him so that he would fall into despair/hatred and crave power like crazy just as he is currently, then her actions, and the fact that YC couldn’t see through them, make a lot more sense. And with everything else we can infer, seems likely that what we and YC “saw”, didn’t happen as we think it did. If you hate her for that, you obviously have the right to. As for me, she’s not the first Heroine to sacrifice herself for his happiness/well-being, she’s just been the most convincing. Edit: She might not have even wanted him to fall into despair/hatred, could’ve just been trying to avoid him getting killed while impressing just how important power really was.

And it seems to be the only way to actually have him advance, really. Like, there’s a lot of comments about how YC is so stupid for not pursuing strength more fiercely and how he has no ambition and all this stuff, but it’s not like him cultivating with all his heart would actually do anything. At Divine King, 3 months of cultivation even in the best environment isn’t going to do shit. And before learning about Jasmine/Evil Infant and realizing that she’s basically the No.1 in the Primal Chaos, his ambition was genuine. Immediately went to the Snow Song Realm, looked for the Heavenly Netherfrost Lake to find the Ice Phoenix so she could give him her power. It was her who was like “Lol Jk, let me actually put this shit off for some reason, I wanna see how things turn out”. After that he didn’t need crazy power too quickly because lvl10 MX had his back, then XQ, then Glazed Light Realm, then HSDE, then QY was enslaved, then the Evil Infant. And then the Ice Phoenix gave him the shit and he barely had time to even absorb it all, and no time to refine it and make it his own power, before everything went to shit.

One thing that did chap my ass, though. Mars didn’t have YC find the other Evil God Seeds and I’m pretty sure that’s because it would make him too strong, too quickly, but it was really fucking lazy of Mars to not even write in an excuse. Like really, dude? You couldn’t add 1 line about YC not being able to find them because they must’ve been moved or something? “Hey, look at this plot hole. Not going to address it at all.”

2 Likes

Whatever plan it was doesn’t actually need her to have predicted Jasmine and MX. In fact, doesn’t even really need to be a plan or hers, for that matter. It could’ve started with HSDE seeing her “fate” when she read her soul. Then HSDE being all like “Damn, you have an even more tragic life than I do. Let’s go see if we can change some of it.” It could be similar to when HSDE gave YC her blood and the formation. She didn’t say, “Do this at this time.” She said, “Use this if you need to, but only if you need to.” HSDE could’ve given XQ something related to the World Piercer, maybe something empowered with it’s aura like the Primordial Profound Ark or how the Sky Poison Sword was infused with the Pearl’s poison, or the World Piercer itself and told her, “In case of emergency, break fucking glass.” Then she would’ve used that thing secretly to save the people on the planet. She could’ve been trying to use it on YC, too. She would’ve gotten away with it since the aura of the World Piercer is completely traceless. So afterwards, YC would be “dead”, BPS would be “destroyed”, and all of her “weaknesses” would be gone while keeping the people she cares about safe and also keeping her promise to her Foster Father. But QY and MX acting, threw a wrench in her scheme which is why she mumbled, “Heaven’s Will?” after MX intervened. Kinda like saying, “Can I really not go against fate?”

It doesn’t matter to me weather or not if she did this for the right reasons, or if his family and friends are safe? I just don’t like her character at all since she was brought back.

It was like she was gone half of the series up to that point and now she’s the new MC. I hated her and her mother’s storyline together. If I can point to the moment the series started sucking for 200 chapters it was there.

The problem was Mars just invented this idea the YC wasn’t motivated out of nowhere seemingly so he had something to do with XQ, who again had been gone half the fucking series.

She’s always been one of the least interesting of the Harem imo, but clearly for some reason she’s Mars favorite character. So of course she didn’t actually kill anyone.

2 Likes

Dreadedfred i salute you plus theres actually something that we dnt know for sure…100% sure its related to worled heaven defying manual,the truths that yc started to see and xq fate as someone who shouldnt exist. Even mars wechats are suggesting something big will happen and readers still act like these clues dnt exist

He has the samsara mirror, ‘dying’ is utter crap.No one needs that introduction of that man. He is the most unreasonable. He who has the highest inheritance possible is extremely unambitious lets his lover be attacked, lets his grandfather die, lets his country fall into ruins, lets his family be kidnapped, lets his daughter grow up without father, keeps chasing after one single person while ignoring his other important persons… Okay, it shall be unusually long if we list out his failures.
And now people blaming XQ, other than lip service what had YC had done to seriously ever pursue XQ? How many times do you want XQ to save YC?then stop slandering her?

1 Like

But it was an illusion. He really needs ambition and this was perfect

1 Like

YC had never gone out to find elemental seeds himself, he always came across them accidentally.

The seeds are found “fast” according to Mars, they are also somewhere in the north.

Yea, but he was basically God on BPS. There would’ve been no place he couldn’t go and no one who could stop him from going there. All he would have to do is scour every inch of the 3 continents until he found them. At Divine King, that wouldn’t even have taken him the year he spent just pacifying all the profound beast riots. If he couldn’t find them there, and chances are he could I mean fire seed was in a random fucking cave, then he could check every secret realm/secret dimension until he found them all. If they were on BPS, it wouldn’t have been much of a chore to find them, especially since the raw elemental energy contained in them affects the surrounding environment. But as far as we can tell, he didn’t even look.

I would complain way less if it was just mentioned once that he looked for them, even if he didn’t find them and the excuse for why he didn’t was complete bullshit. If Mars just wrote once that YC tried, I probably wouldn’t complain about this at all.

Which is the first time we’re hearing about that. As far as we knew, the memory imprint left in the Evil God’s Immortal Blood stated that the 5 seeds fell on BPS. If, for whatever reason, the Earth and Wind Seeds weren’t on BPS, it should’ve been mentioned at some point in the story. Maybe YC looked literally everywhere on the planet and still couldn’t find them so he concluded they must not be on BPS or something. A single mention would’ve taken care of the plot hole, but Mars didn’t write it for some reason.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it’s being addressed, I’m just annoyed he took so long to address it.

Quite certain he said that quite some time ago, like PGC time.

Also considering the moon slaughter demon king received the SPP from EG he might have gotten the wind and earth seed too?

If Mars mentioned the seeds weren’t on BPS, it definitely wasn’t in story.

It never specified which Devil EG gave the SPP to, only says the Devil Race. But even if he did give the SPP to that Devil specifically, they weren’t exactly allies, why would he give any of his Elemental Seeds to MSDS? And why only those 2? We know it’s not because he died without going back to BPS since he gave You’er the Darkness Seed.

I’d be more inclined to believe that EG moved the planet after he created all the seeds and for whatever reason those 2 just happened to fall off/stay behind while the rest went along and either he didn’t notice or it didn’t really matter where they were. Whoever inherited his power would eventually find them.

It was said in a chapter, something like; “If Yun Che knew that the Infant wheel was with the moon slaughter devil king he could make out that the Eternal Night devil king (Moon slaughter) was the one who took back the SPP from EG”

Correct, HSDE went to the north to find their planet, but YC remembered that the EG dragged BPS across half the universe. The two seeds likely got lost during the war, forgot about that fact.

Was that a fairly recent chapter? I read most of the story twice, but not anything since like 1460. So I probably forgot about it specifying the MSDS with the SPP.

YC remembered the Golden Crow said*

“If Yun Che had known where Jasmine had found the Evil Infant’s Wheel of Myriad Tribulations all those years ago, he would probably also have been able to guess that the devil clan the Heretic God had “returned” the Sky Poison Pearl to was most likely the Eternal Night Devil Clan.” 1455

Yup, completely forgot about that. Funny thing is, having read it a second time, I remembered the first time I read it. Sigh Memory is a wonderful thing.

I agree, but there are things she did bad and things she did good. In my opinion it balanced out between good and bad, but it seems that there is more good and bad I guess