Ending (spoilers ahead)

The story started out fine (except for all those annoying scenes with the Mu and Sun families), but it turned weird about halfway (maybe 2/3?) into the story, and it only continued to get more and more weird. It was a farming novel that turned into political scheming that turned into a cultivation novel. I suppose at least most things were wrapped up by the end (minus a few minor details such as–and maybe I missed it because I was skimming a lot towards the end–what happened to the impending war/invasion by the joint cooperation of the Norther Da-something kingdom and Li kingdom, and did Mu Zhuang ever find out he was kidnapped by Madam Zhou? Was that even important, and if it wasn’t, what was the point of including it in the story, and other similar minor details that were left unanswered). I guess at least there was a sort of attempt to bring closure to the story? I mean all the good people ended up with fairly good endings, but it was kind of disappointing that the ML chose to make the MC think that everything that happened in the last half (2/3?) of the story was all a dream. Then what was the point of it all? Also, I can’t imagine that the Prince Li family would allow Wanyang/Dou Dou to return to Anyi Village. Still, it wasn’t a terribly horrible ending even though it could have been better.

1 Like