Disgusting grammar

The grammer of Martial God Asura english version is so poor and undeciferable that a english reader will bleed from his eyes. What are the proof readers doing? They can’t even determine the pronouns right. Everytime they write a male as she. Also Crappy sentence building ruins the effect of the mystery I have a lot of free time. You can ask me.

1 Like

If you want grammar go to wuxiaworld. This is at least better than any machine translated version I’ve seen

And it could even be better. That you don’t know and just tolerating this. If you have the ability to fix the sentence building you should also help. But instead of doing that you are writing nonsense replies.

If you have time, try as proofreader

1 Like

I will be honest. I hav erwad MTL on different Sites.

This site is one of the best when it comes to English. Only Fuck up are not proper He/She in sentence which other sites do better.
Fix it up, it problem with MTL.

1 Like

I would love to. But how can I do that? I am new in this forum,so if anyone can help me to be a proofreader i’ll be thankful.

Click on the proofreader button at the end of the chapter, but you must first login

Before suggesting other people need to work on “grammer” you should probably fix your own grammar. In your first post you have several spelling errors: first, “grammer” is spelled with an “ar” not an “er;” second, “english” is a proper noun thus you need to use an upper case “E” instead of the lower case; and third, “Crappy” should not be capitalized. You also have several grammatical errors in the same post: first, you write “[…]a english[…]” which should be “an English,” as “an” is grammatically used before a word starting with a vowel; second, is a nitpick, you should use “sentence structure” instead of “sentence building;” third, the second to last sentence is a run-on as your free time has nothing to do with sentence structure. What I am getting at is that before you complain about the “Disgusting grammar” of a machine translation, you should probably make sure your grammar is moderately better. Pot, meet kettle.

1 Like

I’ll work on my grammar.I know I have a lot to learn. But instead of criticizing me why don’t you improve the grammar of this novel? That would be more productive don’t you think? I don’t claim to know 'E’nglish well enough, but with what little i know I am willing to help. But you clearly know grammar better than me and also have the privilege to argue with some non-productive statements, why don’t you do so? English is not my native language, and my native language is not available in google, after all of that when i try to read this novel, nearly half of the content i can’t even understand because of grammatical errors, and the feel also fades.

1 Like

If you can do better then do it

Considering how much free time I have weekly, I would never waste it proof reading something unless I was paid for it. Not to mention my comment was entirely sarcastic and meant to jab at a person that was criticizing a machine translation’s grammar while having bad grammar oneself. Hence the reason I ended my comment with the phrase: “Pot, meet kettle.” A shortened form of the phrase: “Pot calling the kettle black,” a direct jab at the hypocrisy of the original poster.

Let me tell you ‘Sarcasm’ is the worst form of art if you think that you are an artist or a savior of the world from the hands of the hypocrites. In my original post were many grammatical mistakes but most of those were typing Mistakes, and I don’t spend that much time to revise my comments to exclude any grammatical mistake. If you think that questioning a MTL novel’s grammar while not having thorough grammatical comprehension is inappropriate then I only have pity for your poor soul. For your “sarcastic post” Of Critisizing the criticism of a MTL novel’s grammar that there are proof readers, and they are doing a fantasting job none the less but it can be better. Then there’s you a person worse than a hopocrite if you have the guts counter my point without blabbering about my grammar.

Thanks for giving me something to laugh at during my lunch break. Sarcasm is one of the oldest forms of both humor and art (with several thousand years of examples) since it is a major part of the satire genre, and it makes up some of the most famous books from cultures all around the world. In regards to me criticizing your grammar, you opened yourself up to similar criticism when you, by your own admission, criticized others. All I did was compare apples to apples. You criticized the grammar of others, so I can criticize your grammar, however, it seems that you cannot take criticism very well. You appear to get defensive and lash out at others for simply pointing out your mistakes (though it is pretty funny how mad you are). Your actions seem quite hypocritical to me (and most likely others as well). There is no need to counter your point because it is a well known trouble that has plagued both machines and people when translating Chinese (and other languages for that matter). The third person pronoun, in Chinese, started as a non-gendered word and has since become gendered, however, the pronunciation of tā is used for he, she, and it. There are also two more third person pronouns for animals and spirits/deities, which are also pronounced tā (他 he, 她 she, 它 it, 牠 animal, and 祂 deities). A modern push to move back to a non-gendered third person pronoun has started appearing as well. There are cases when a sentence cannot be directly translated from Chinese to English without the addition of a third person pronoun in the English translation for grammatical clarification. These instances requires some finesse on the translator’s part because it requires context outside of the sentence and if that context is a bit ambiguous it can easily be mistranslated as he, she, or it. Don’t forget that are also times when the author makes a mistake as well. Ultimately, you complain about me correcting your grammar after you complain about the grammatical mistakes of others, that really makes this just one ironic forum thread.

P.S. Your grammatical errors in this post are as follows: multiple cases of incorrect capitalization, again; multiple misspellings of words (most modern browsers have spellcheck available, so no excuses); second sentence is a bit of a run-on sentence and a comma should appear before the word but; you repeat the same mistake of a lack of a comma again before the word but in the second to last sentence; and the last sentence either needs to be rearranged, or commas need to be added in order to make it less awkward. These are of course some of the problems, they aren’t the full extent of grammatical errors in your post.

P.S.S. Thanks again for the funny post, my job can get a bit intense and I really needed something/someone to laugh at during lunch today.

:astonished::astonished::astonished: what a good and tailored post!! I am really happy to be able to make you laugh as well. :blush:. You are like a god to people like me who are weak in English!! Keep up the criticisms because through your critisism the world is getting better. Keep up the good work.( feel free to correct my mistakes in this reply :slightly_smiling_face: .)